The primary role of the Captain/Master is to ensure the safety of all crew and guests while onboard.
The Captain/Master also has the following responsibilities:
- The safe navigation and operation of the yacht at all times.
- Ensuring the cleanliness and stowage of the yacht are in good order, both on and off guest services, and maintenance of all technical and general aspects of the yacht are kept to the highest standard, including regular maintenance checks and services according to the maintenance activity plan.
- Maintaining an up-to-date logbook, recording hours, passages, and mileage. Additionally, maintaining accounting records, ensuring that it is always up to date and that expenditure is within the allocated budget.
- Thoroughly familiarise yourself with every aspect and logistical arrangement of the itinerary before departure, and provide daily briefings to guests for the upcoming day.
- Provide a welcome brief covering safety and relevant yacht information, including the location of safety equipment.
- Organise water sports activities and shore-based excursions as required, as well as provide information about the local areas visited.
- Provide basic instructions for all water sports available onboard, and ensure activities are safely executed. Support the team as and where needed.